Answered

adding library to iPad but "next" button doesn't work

• 25 March 2018
  • 1 reply

trying to add access to an iTunes music library on the iPad. the Sonos app and Mac controller are up to date. on the iPad, I go to settings/manage music library/music library setup/add new share. I get a dialog box that says enter share info with "Path \\computer\sharename" which I enter what I think is the correct name, 2nd line says "user name (if required)" not sure how I am supposed to know if a user name is required but in any event I enter the name that I log into the Mac PC. 3rd line of dialog box says "password (if required)" again not sure how I know what password its wants but I use my login password for the Mac. After all the above, I try to press the "next" button that is in the upper right corner of the dialog box and NOTHING happens. the dialog box sits there...no spinning rainbow wheel, nothing. now what?
icon

Best answer by Keith N 27 March 2018, 23:11

Hey there, theruffdude. Have you tried adding this music library form the computer itself rather than the iPad? If you get the same error on the Mac, I would recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They are able to set up a remote session and take a closer look at the permissions between Sonos and the music library.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, theruffdude. Have you tried adding this music library form the computer itself rather than the iPad? If you get the same error on the Mac, I would recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They are able to set up a remote session and take a closer look at the permissions between Sonos and the music library.