Adding iTunes library from non-standard location problem

• 6 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m having an issue loading my local iTunes library to my Sonos system.  My iTunes library is not in the standard location.  Since my local SSD is small my iTunes library is on a remote disc.  This works fine within the native Music app on my Mac.  But I’m having issues getting the Sonos app to load them.

My iTunes library is at:

/Volumes/Macintosh Data/Music/iTunes

Is that the directory I have Sonos grab from?  Or do I use:

/Volumes/Macintosh Data/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music?

Neither seem to work for me.  It is the second one above that iTunes is actually pointed to.  All I get in the S2 app when I go to the music library is “No selections are available”.  I look under Artists, or Albums, or Genres, you get the idea.  Nothing to be found.

I don’t know what to try next.  I have a lot of Lossless files that I want to play on my Sonos system but this is blocking me from doing so.  Only thing I can think of left to try is over-ride the default Music library with an alias to the external location.  There has to be a different way.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Try:

\\Volumes\Macintosh-Data\Music

or

\\Volumes\Macintosh-Data\Music\iTunes

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks.  Same problem.  If I don’t get any alternative suggestions, then I’m going to make the default Music folder be an alias to /Volumes/Macintosh Data/Music, and then tell Sonos to grab my default music library.  See if that solves the issue.

And now wishing I had a larger internal disk to store my iTunes library where MacOS defaults it to… :(