Question

Adding Connect Amp for Surround Speakers issue

• 7 December 2019
  • 3 replies

I have a Playbar and Sub and looking to add a ConnectAmp ZP100 for some prewired surrounds.   I have the amp hard wired to the Playbar, and the Playbar hardwired to my router and TV.   I can find the ConnectAMP when I try to I add it for surround.  It says it completes just fine, but when I go into the app, the ZP100 is set up and labeled “Unused”.  Its not bonding to the room and Playbar for some reason.  I have followed the instructions on Sonos site for connecting and have tried about 8 different times with hard resets.  Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Just for clarity, the ZP100 is the original Sonos product, it was updated to the ZP120, which was renamed the Connect:Amp and then a new model recently came out called the Amp. It may help just to clarify what exactly you have there, but let’s just assume it’s a Connect:Amp (previously called the ZP120).

Having it wired to the Playbar should be all that you need to do it get it connected up as surrounds. So other than the basic steps, I think it’s probably time to work with a technician. If you haven’t given us a call, you might want to do that.

However, if you’d like to submit a diagnostic and post it here, I’ll take a look for you and let you know if anything specifically stands out.

Just for clarity, the ZP100 is the original Sonos product, it was updated to the ZP120, which was renamed the Connect:Amp and then a new model recently came out called the Amp. It may help just to clarify what exactly you have there, but let’s just assume it’s a Connect:Amp (previously called the ZP120).

Having it wired to the Playbar should be all that you need to do it get it connected up as surrounds. So other than the basic steps, I think it’s probably time to work with a technician. If you haven’t given us a call, you might want to do that.

However, if you’d like to submit a diagnostic and post it here, I’ll take a look for you and let you know if anything specifically stands out.

done deal. Diagnostic 1189570028

also, here is a pic showing the ZP100 (unused) after I add it as a surround to the Playbar  

After dealing with level 1 tech support for 1.5 hours, a quick call from level two confirmed that ZP100 is NOT able to be used for surround mode.