Question

Added a Sonos Beam and now whole Sonos system dropping from network

• 28 April 2019
  • 1 reply

Recently bought a Sonos beam and have hooked it up to my Samsung TV (via ARC). The beam is set up and I have no problems using it as a traditional soundbar. Alexa is setup too.

Current Setup:
Router - Virgin Hub 3.0 (100mbps connection)
Sonos Bridge ethernet connected to Router
Sonos Beam ethernet connected to Sonos Bridge
Sonos Play 1 in Bedroom connected via Wi-fi
Sonos Play 1 in 2nd lounge connected via Wi-fi

Previous Setup:
Router - Virgin Hub 3.0 (100mbps connection)
Sonos Bridge ethernet connected to Router
Sonos Play 1 in lounge ethernet connected to Sonos Bridge
Sonos Play 1 in Bedroom connected via Wi-fi

I had no previous problems with my Sonos network dropping but since adding the beam to my setup it seems to occasionally drop or when I try and play a song I receive 'Spotify unable to play the song' error message. Sometimes Alexa says she can't respond. It seems to be Wi-fi related but i don't have any signal problems in my house. I do use a TP-Link TL-WA850R but this was used in both the old setup and the new. The Sonos Play 1 in the second lounge is in an area of weakest signal but i would of thought that would only effect that speaker rather than the whole system.

Any suggestions:
I have tried resetting the router, removing the bridge and connecting the beam via Ethernet.

Thanks,
Oliver

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Oliver,

Welcome to the community. I'd like to see a diagnostic report from your system in order to understand what's going on here. Please submit a report after you see this issue, then reply here with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.