Question

Added a Sonos Beam and now whole Sonos system dropping from network

• 28 April 2019
  • 1 reply

Recently bought a Sonos beam and have hooked it up to my Samsung TV (via ARC). The beam is set up and I have no problems using it as a traditional soundbar. Alexa is setup too.

Current Setup:
Router - Virgin Hub 3.0 (100mbps connection)
Sonos Bridge ethernet connected to Router
Sonos Beam ethernet connected to Sonos Bridge
Sonos Play 1 in Bedroom connected via Wi-fi
Sonos Play 1 in 2nd lounge connected via Wi-fi

Previous Setup:
Router - Virgin Hub 3.0 (100mbps connection)
Sonos Bridge ethernet connected to Router
Sonos Play 1 in lounge ethernet connected to Sonos Bridge
Sonos Play 1 in Bedroom connected via Wi-fi

I had no previous problems with my Sonos network dropping but since adding the beam to my setup it seems to occasionally drop or when I try and play a song I receive 'Spotify unable to play the song' error message. Sometimes Alexa says she can't respond. It seems to be Wi-fi related but i don't have any signal problems in my house. I do use a TP-Link TL-WA850R but this was used in both the old setup and the new. The Sonos Play 1 in the second lounge is in an area of weakest signal but i would of thought that would only effect that speaker rather than the whole system.

Any suggestions:
I have tried resetting the router, removing the bridge and connecting the beam via Ethernet.

Thanks,
Oliver

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Oliver,

Welcome to the community. I'd like to see a diagnostic report from your system in order to understand what's going on here. Please submit a report after you see this issue, then reply here with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.