Added 2 Sonos One Speakers - Now Only 1 of 4 Plays at Any Single Time

• 24 November 2021
  • 9 replies

I owned 2 Sonos One speakers for a while. I grouped them and had both play music each day in separate rooms. No issues at all. I just purchased 2 more Sonos One speakers, set them up on my wi-fi and grouped them with the pre-existing speakers. Now when I play music, only 1 speaker plays at a time. At the top of the App it says playing on “Kitchen + 3” or similar. And whatever speaker is currently listed before the “+ 3” is the only one that plays. So if it says “Bathroom + 3” then its only playing in Bathroom. I only play Sonos Radio if it is helpful. Any assistance would be appreciated!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

As @GuitarSuperstar said, you.must power cycle the router as well  

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging all of your speakers from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router and phone. If this doesn’t work, if possible, wire one speaker directly to your router with an ethernet cable to put your speakers in a wired setup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Did you check the individual volume levels of your speakers?

Did you try ungrouping your speakers/rooms and playing them individually?

Ethernet will be near impossible. But I will give the unplugging a shot. I’ve done all of them separately at least once through this, but ill do them all at once. 

I have them set at different max volume levels. But that doesn't appear to be an issue because I can play them all separately when they are ungrouped, with no issues. 

Userlevel 7

Just to test, can you move one of the speakers next to your router and wire it to the router with an ethernet cable to see if it makes a difference? It may take a few minutes for the other speakers to connect to SonosNet after the speaker is wired.

You might also be experiencing wireless interference. Read more here about how to reduce it:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286?language=en_US

Still no luck on solving this. We did everything suggested. As of right now, the only thing that works is to have two groups. the two Sonos Ones recently purchased grouped together, and then the two older Sonos ones grouped together and then it all works. Id really prefer to have them all grouped together, for sake of using one alarm each morning to turn on music everywhere. 

And yes, they are all updated to the same software build. Details are below for all of them if it helps. 

Sonos One: BR
Serial Number: 
Sonos OS: S2
Version: 13.4 (build 66423090)
Hardware Version: 1.26.1.9-1.1
Series ID: A201
IP Address: 
WM: 1
---------------------------------
Sonos One: MB
Serial Number: 
Hardware Version: 1.26.1.7-1.1
IP Address: 
Sonos One: R
Serial Number: 
Hardware Version: 1.26.1.9-1.1
IP Address: 
Sonos One: WB
Serial Number: 
Hardware Version: 1.26.1.7-1.1
IP Address: 

Can you perhaps describe your router and WiFi setup? I assume you have edited out the IP addresses, but are all on the same local subnet? What WiFi access points are there, besides the main router WiFi?

I assume there are IP addresses there, you have just deleted them when posting? (There would be zero security risk in publishing them.)