Answered

Account, system, settings greyed out on app

• 14 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi, 

I recently replaced my router with a new one and hence new network. I now cannot access any key Sonos settings – Account, System, Services & Voice are all greyed out. This means naturally that I cannot connect to my Beam.

Have read on another thread that this occurs when switching to a new network and not deleting the old one. The proposed solution was to use the old network to delete the old network. However, this is not an option available to me as the previous network has been shut by the operator.

What can I do?

icon

Best answer by John B 16 January 2022, 13:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Since the Move the Sonos system can remember the credentials for more networks. Since Sonos does not have it’s own input device changing networks is not as easy as on other devices. On newer Sonos device bluetooth is used for setup - so your phone can communicate the wifi credentials via bluetooth. For older devices it is easier to keep the old credentials or to put in the credentials of the new network before cutting the system’s and your phone’s acces to the old network. 

Thanks for your replies, neither of which worked in my case. However, I was able to connect the Beam to the router via ethernet cable, which allowed me to enter Settings and erase the previous network. Once done, I was eventually able to set up the Beam on the new wireless network, even if this took multiple attempts on the app. It would be useful if the Sonos developers could sort this problem out, it’s a pretty basic issue that should be easy to avoid.

This is the way it is supposed to be done.  If all else fails, read the instructions:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

Sure. Of course I tried this – multiple times. But it didn’t work in my case. 

Thanks for your replies, neither of which worked in my case. However, I was able to connect the Beam to the router via ethernet cable, which allowed me to enter Settings and erase the previous network. Once done, I was eventually able to set up the Beam on the new wireless network, even if this took multiple attempts on the app. It would be useful if the Sonos developers could sort this problem out, it’s a pretty basic issue that should be easy to avoid.

This is the way it is supposed to be done.  If all else fails, read the instructions:

Userlevel 7

Take a look at this article:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Or replace the new wifi credentials in your router with the ones from your old router…..