Answered

8.5.1 Harmony Companion Hub Volume Up/Down Commands

Userlevel 1
Badge
Since I updated to 8.5.1 I can no longer control the volume up/down on my PlayBar via my Harmony remote. I can open the Harmony App on my phone and scrub the volume bar for the PlayBar and it works, but the actual Vol+/Vol- commands do nothing. My Harmony is set to control the Sonos system directly via WiFi (not through some alternate volume command IR blast). It seems Sonos may have changed the API for the volume +/- commands?

I tried removing all my Harmony activities, re-adding them, removing my Sonos devices, re-adding them, and I tried re-programing the buttons but nothing works.

Everything was working perfectly fine (for 2+ years) before this update.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 20 April 2018, 00:40

Hello there, everyone. Thanks for keeping the conversation going. Logitech is currently aware of a problem regarding Harmony remotes and Sonos. I will update this topic with any updates as they become available.

Thanks again!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

54 replies

Try re-downloading the software on the Harmony Remote.
After a month or so of this working, the bug has just re-appeared. No remote control of Sonos volume again.
I just found this but i have the .105 fw, I've rebooted everything but still i have no volume control for my playbar.
Or try this:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdx1mRNGUd3NsmcWqkHHCyC2XUH950qhScB0sxGWdt0ckrtoA/viewform

I received an answer today via email. After updating to .105, Sonos is now working as it should without delays.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Or try this:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdx1mRNGUd3NsmcWqkHHCyC2XUH950qhScB0sxGWdt0ckrtoA/viewform
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
As far as i know, it should be released allready.
In batches, so maybe not everybody is in luck yet.
Try unplugging your hub and after reboot try to trigger the firmware update bij syncing.
It’s a hub firmware only, not a app or remote update!
Hub should be on .105 firmware.
I managed, using the link to the Harmony website above, to get into the "beta" for the new firmware for the Harmony, and everything is working as before, thank the gods.

I have to wonder how long it will be until Harmony considers it good enough to release. I've never been on one of their betas, so I've no previous experience to go on.

Can you provide a link to the beta. I have searched but can't find it. Thanks
I managed, using the link to the Harmony website above, to get into the "beta" for the new firmware for the Harmony, and everything is working as before, thank the gods.

I have to wonder how long it will be until Harmony considers it good enough to release. I've never been on one of their betas, so I've no previous experience to go on.
Badge
Unpluggin Hub and plugging back in does nothing to solve this issue. It has gotten worse and now my Harmony Elite does not control the Playbar at all. What is going on here? When will this be resolved? I am having the same issue. It was temporarily fixed and now it’s completely non-functioning. Incredibly frustrating.
Badge
Unpluggin Hub and plugging back in does nothing to solve this issue. It has gotten worse and now my Harmony Elite does not control the Playbar at all. What is going on here? When will this be resolved?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Little update and qoute from harmony forum:

“Hello everyone,

I want to thank you for your feedback. I have closed the request to be put on FW 4.15.100.

We have since created FW 4.15.105. Like all firmware updates, the roll out will be done in batches. This update will eventually make it out to all Hub users. It will bring the Sonos experience that we all had before 4.15.96. The firmware will be automatically pushed starting today.”

I am running that .105 firmware now and seems to be smooth.
Lets hope they release this soon.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I am also using the .100 beta firmware for the harmony hub.
It is not perfect, but usable.......at first it worked perfect, but later tonight i had some hickups again with volume.
But again: it’s usable for sure.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I got an email from Logitech today that there will be an update released in mid-May that fixes some outstanding issues with their changeover to Sonos' new API, volume control issues are sure to be among them, I would bet.
The Harmony Hub beta firmware version 4.15.100 have fixed the most of my problems. "This is an interim solution as Logitech continues to look for a permanent fix".
Daredevils can apply for the beta firmware in the Logitech Support Community.
From Harmony as of May 2nd 2018

No, not in this thread. It's an issue with Harmony, not Sonos. We're all waiting for an update from Harmony.
I was able to kinda FIX Harmony Elite remote because it has IR and there are more settings in the backend (app) for it, but my Harmony Companion[/b] is still not working. I have not seen a fix for it in this thread am I wrong?
Had the exact same problem and rebooting my remote (holding off button down then pressing again to turn on) fixed it.
Please read the thread, not just the title of it.
Sinds the last update from Harmony the volume does not work for my Sonos soundbar. Some times the volume goes very slow. The is irritating!!!!
I noticed when I change the control away from hub / blasters to remote, my volume control is working again. I just tried so not sure how long it will last.
Have the same issue. Also unplugged&plugged the playbar and the harmony hub... This fixed it for a night. Now it is broken again.
BTW I read of issues with the mute also but that I never had (yet).
Intermittent mute... 1 in 10 presses register on the volume up. Worked so well for sooo long....Glad I found this thread on the forum. Wish I hadn't spent 4 hours tracing cables and reconnecting in the hopes the hardware fairy would solve. Then ordering a replacement remote because of course must be a faulty volume button(s)... Give me a rollback Logitech before my wife tells me how my gadgets never work and I pull my hair out. On to the Logitech thread 😞
You are most kind, sir or ma'am. 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Thanks for that, reinier666. Any chance of posting a link to that thread?
https://community.logitech.com/s/question/0D55A00007SsV9xSAF/latest-update-broke-sonos-volume-control