Answered

8.5.1 Harmony Companion Hub Volume Up/Down Commands

• 13 April 2018
  • 54 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Since I updated to 8.5.1 I can no longer control the volume up/down on my PlayBar via my Harmony remote. I can open the Harmony App on my phone and scrub the volume bar for the PlayBar and it works, but the actual Vol+/Vol- commands do nothing. My Harmony is set to control the Sonos system directly via WiFi (not through some alternate volume command IR blast). It seems Sonos may have changed the API for the volume +/- commands?

I tried removing all my Harmony activities, re-adding them, removing my Sonos devices, re-adding them, and I tried re-programing the buttons but nothing works.

Everything was working perfectly fine (for 2+ years) before this update.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 20 April 2018, 00:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

54 replies

Or try this:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdx1mRNGUd3NsmcWqkHHCyC2XUH950qhScB0sxGWdt0ckrtoA/viewform

I received an answer today via email. After updating to .105, Sonos is now working as it should without delays.
I just found this but i have the .105 fw, I've rebooted everything but still i have no volume control for my playbar.
Userlevel 1
Badge
After a month or so of this working, the bug has just re-appeared. No remote control of Sonos volume again.
Try re-downloading the software on the Harmony Remote.