Question

701 Error after Orbi Mesh System Install

• 24 November 2019
  • 2 replies

I recently installed an Orbi mesh system (RBR50).  All of my wireless components in my house work without an issue.  I am running the Orbi as an access point over an ATT Uverse router.  The Uverse router’s wireless capabilities have been turned off.  The Orbi channel has been set to 1, 6 and 11.  While I can get my Sonos speakers to connect to Pandora channels, i cannot get the App to work with Apple Music, Amazon or SiriusXM.  I get various errors (mostly a 701 error).  I have seen numerous threads in this community about Orbi and Sonos compatibilities issues.  Without ordering or using a boost, it is not convenient for me to wire one of the speakers to the Orbi.  Any help would be appreciated.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Thanks John B. 

The Orbi system (hub and satellites) is set to the same wireless channel. I think I am going to break down and buy a boost. Seems to be a common answer. 

Are you saying you have different wireless channels on different Orbi units?  That could certainly cause Sonos problems, especially when speakers are grouped.

As a general observation, Sonos seems to work much better with mesh wifi systems if SonosNet is active.  I would try experimentally wiring a Sonos component, even if that means temporarily moving it.  If that sorts out the problem then a Boost would be a worthwhile investment.  It would be best to have a single channel for Orbi (1, 6 or 11) and a different one for Sonos.