Question

701 Error after Orbi Mesh System Install

• 24 November 2019
  • 2 replies

I recently installed an Orbi mesh system (RBR50).  All of my wireless components in my house work without an issue.  I am running the Orbi as an access point over an ATT Uverse router.  The Uverse router’s wireless capabilities have been turned off.  The Orbi channel has been set to 1, 6 and 11.  While I can get my Sonos speakers to connect to Pandora channels, i cannot get the App to work with Apple Music, Amazon or SiriusXM.  I get various errors (mostly a 701 error).  I have seen numerous threads in this community about Orbi and Sonos compatibilities issues.  Without ordering or using a boost, it is not convenient for me to wire one of the speakers to the Orbi.  Any help would be appreciated.  

2 replies

Are you saying you have different wireless channels on different Orbi units?  That could certainly cause Sonos problems, especially when speakers are grouped.

As a general observation, Sonos seems to work much better with mesh wifi systems if SonosNet is active.  I would try experimentally wiring a Sonos component, even if that means temporarily moving it.  If that sorts out the problem then a Boost would be a worthwhile investment.  It would be best to have a single channel for Orbi (1, 6 or 11) and a different one for Sonos.

Thanks John B. 

The Orbi system (hub and satellites) is set to the same wireless channel. I think I am going to break down and buy a boost. Seems to be a common answer.