65k Media Player workaround.

• 27 December 2011
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge
Hello,

I have been struggling to get the Windows Media Player 65k workaround going. I set everything up as per the Faq's and was able to get Sonos to see the PC containing the music but was unable to access or play the music. I suspected that it was something to do with the speed that Windows Media Player was indexing the music within the library. I thought that perhaps WMP was taking too long and that this caused Sonos to display the unable to browse music message. I essentially got nowhere with WMP so installed Media Monkey and set that up as a server and got success. I was now able to see all my music and access and play it but only from Desktop Software on wired and Wireless PC'S throughout the house.
I use an Ipad and Nook Colour to control upstairs and downstairs zones but am still unable to see the Media Monkey Server Folders on these controllers.
If anyone has any thoughts on what may cause this I would be most gratefull for any help......

Thank You

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge
That 65k limit is also my problem. Im thinking to kove on some other system. I love Sonos, but my music library is to big, and dont know what to do.