Question

5.1 surround setup lost connection with play 1 and sub

• 2 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Having a reoccurring issue with my playbar/sub/play1 5.1 setup.  Had the system for 4 years with no issues but over the last year I’ve had ongoing issues with the setup not appearing in the app or speakers just disconnecting.  Today I lost connection with both play1’s and the sub.  Have tried setting up and searching for the speakers multiple times both with WiFi and wired network connection but either speakers aren’t detected or the setup fails!

Any ideas??  

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @samks80, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

We would like to take a look at a diagnostic of the system.

Please take a diagnostic in the Sonos app and reply with the confirmation. Settings > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic.

This will give us data on the wireless condition of the environment near the speakers. 

We would also like to know any changes made on your network, the model of your router, the model of other network devices, and how they’re connected.

This is so that we can check for any known issues with the network devices.

Also, since the speakers are assigned as surrounds. It not advisable to use them for a wired configuration.  We could wire the master speaker, the Playbar.

Update us with the confirmation and we’ll take a look.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

the diagnostics number is 396564048.

Over the last hour when I’ve checked the app the sub and the surrounds seem to be connecting and disconnecting randomly.  When I try to configure the speakers it’s unsuccessful.  The playbar is wired to the router but everything else is on WiFi.

The router is an AT&T gateway BGW210.

The system frequently (every couple of days, sometimes more) randomly looses connection with the TV and goes into standby.  The only way I can get it back online is to power off/on the playbar.  
The system is also rarely visible on the Sonos app (even when it’s working)… this seems to have improved with the new app but still spotty.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @samks80, thank you for the update and sorry for the late response.

I checked the diagnostic, yes the Play:1(right surround) and sub are missing and we don’t have issues with the gateway.

Let’s try removing surrounds and sub from the Playbar and re-add them back to the Playbar.

If you’re still having issues, take another diagnostic of the system. 

We could also check for wireless interference as I also see this in the diagnostic.

Update us with your findings.