Question

5.1 surround setup (Arc + Sub + 2 Ones) receiving Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 sound, but left and right surrounds are not outputting souund

• 26 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi there, I have a 5.1 Sonos setup (Arc + Sub + 2 Ones). I have my PC connected to my LG C9 TV via HDMI cable, which is connected to my graphic card’s HDMI out port. According to the Sonos app, my Arc is receiving Dolby Plus 5.1 sound from my TV, but the left and right surrounds are not outputting any sound at all.

After hours of fiddling with the TV’s and PC’s audio settings, I have only ever been able to get Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 sound (never Dolby Atmos, sadly, but at this point I’ve invested so much time that I’ll settle for 5.1). I have tried restarting my devices numerous times, tried every conceivable permutation of Windows sound settings and TV sound settings, and even removed and re-added the surrounds to my setup, but to no avail.

Has anyone ever had this same issue? Any ideas on how we can get the surrounds to work?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

What specific content are you testing? Have you tested it without your PC? Are your Ones actually connected to the Arc as surrounds or are they just grouped with the Arc?