Question

5.1 surround

• 21 December 2016
  • 5 replies

I have had a play bar and sub for a year no problems great product just got 2 play 1s for full surround have done the installation process but no sound play bar and sub work but no sound out the play 1s

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have had a play bar and sub for a year no problems great product just got 2 play 1s for full surround have done the installation process but no sound play bar and sub work but no sound out the play 1s

HI Gavsal,

Please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos app. Reply with the confirmation number and I'll check it out for you.
I have the exact same issue. No sound from the speakers at all.
Diagnostic report #7020253 please advise.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
please check if you have your surrounds are set to "ambient" for "full". I like mine set to full, play with it and see how you like it. Also check in "about my Sonos system" what your input is to the PlayBar. Stereo in stereo out. 5.1 in 5.1 out. You need 5.1 to get your surrounds to work unless playing music..

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3833/kw/surrounds
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Diagnostic report #7020253 please advise.

Hi Alikarb,

It looks like your PLAYBAR is receiving a stereo signal from the optical connection. Please check your TV's settings to ensure its sending out a Dolby Digital 5.1 signal. You can also check out this thread for help finding the right settings.