Answered

30 minute track restarts every 10 sec

• 15 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I like to listen to rain tracks over the night. I start a 30 minute track on repeat, but at some point during the night Sonos begins to loop the track every 10 seconds.

So instead of repeating every 30 minutes it repeats the first 10 seconds.

Happened just now and took a diagnostic: 1952381773

Can anyone help?

icon

Best answer by James L. 16 June 2021, 09:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Peheje, thanks for reaching out. 

Unfortunately, you’re running into an issue we’re aware of that can cause players to skip tracks or stutter during Spotify playback. Since your system is set to repeat the track on a loop, you’re experiencing this as the track repeating over and over very quickly. 

We are aware of this issue with Spotify, and we are actively working with them on a resolution. For the time being, please make use of Spotify Connect when listening to music on Sonos. We do not have additional information to share at this time, but we will notify as updates become available.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi James. Thanks a lot for looking into this and explaining the issue. It means a lot for me that Sonos is open about such cases. And in my opinion it's totally understandable with so many integrators. 

I will try with Spotify connect or another streaming service if that doesn't work.

Cheers.

Repeating exact same track in amazon music works fine, so not channel, interference or wired/wireless issue; definitely sonos-spotify issue. 

Badge +17

Repeating exact same track in amazon music works fine, so not channel, interference or wired/wireless issue; definitely sonos-spotify issue. 

@edutan If you read my post, I acknowledged that this is a known issue between Sonos and Spotify, and that we’re working with Spotify to resolve it. Please follow the guidance in my earlier comment if you’re experiencing this problem.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Exact same issue here after upgrading to 13.11 yesterday. All night long, rain track restarting randomly 5-10 times. It’s a defect in 13.11 maybe? Obviously not spotify specifically since connect direct works. Is there a way to temporarily move back to spotify encoder in 13.10? Thanks

Still having the same issues. Hoping they fix it soon. 

Exact same issue here after upgrading to 13.11 yesterday. All night long, rain track restarting randomly 5-10 times. It’s a defect in 13.11 maybe? Obviously not spotify specifically since connect direct works. Is there a way to temporarily move back to spotify encoder in 13.10? Thanks

Same, is there a way to rollback SONOS OS version?