30 minute hold time

• 19 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Called Sonos support and had a 20 minute hold time, then a 5 minute talk with support where nothing was solved because the problem was present when using the app to play "radio", and told to call back when the problem occurred again.

So started playing music from my regular service, and within 10 minutes had the same issue.

This time the estimated wait was 30 minutes.

Either Sonos has a lot of customers with faulty equipment or else they only have a couple of people manning the phones.

4 replies

Why don't you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
The purpose of my post was to comment on the wait time. If Sonos want to move away from offering phone support then they should just do so rather than providing a service which isn't going to help customers.
So, you're saying that you want them to rush through each call, in order to get to as many as possible, rather than attempting to help each person who has taken the initiative to call in?

Or do you want them to double the cost of each speaker, so they can afford to double the number of phone agents that are available?

All I was doing was providing you knowledge about the 24/7 support areas, since you seemed to be unhappy about waiting on the phone.

I've worked tech support on the phone. It's not easy, and if I wanted to be successful, the length of call varied, based on the situation involved, and the skills of the person on the other end. I don't begrudge these folks at Sonos anything. I'm sure they've got their hands full.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21

This time the estimated wait was 30 minutes.

Did Sonos offer you a call-back option, I've used that (when offered) with very good results.