3 Players, 2 stop working

• 11 February 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge
I have an installation with 3 Player 1 in différent rooms. Today 2 have stop working.
I've reset the router, reset and update the app change the location etc..
It doesn't work !
2 out of 3 Stations definitely do not want to connect : Even just beside the router, the third one is far away but working fine
And the support of SONOS is definitely a pain I can't believe that they can't offer better support and Diagnostic than just this stupid check WiFi and unplug station ! Is just like you will fix any computer problem by just checking alimentation and reboot !
I would expect better diagnostic tools
But Sonos support is definitely a disaster !

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11
Sonos support is very good in my opinion.
Have you submitted a diagnostic to them and interacted with them at all?
Badge
Yes but I'll have to test later because it seems that the Desktop App does not provide the same feature and is more limited than the Mobile App !
This is really easy calling the support with your phone but not being able to use the Desktop app to add room
Sonos is definitely driven by geek engineer having no idea of what can happen in normal live !
Userlevel 4
Badge +11
There are lots of people unhappy that the Windows app now has limited functionality. I am coping, but I used to do things on the desktop app that I can no longer do.
Badge
This one of the multiple reason why I do not want to extend my Sonos installation today and why I will certainly not recommend it do anybody and Why at the end I'm impatient and attentive to see good alternative coming
Only the External design is pleasant !
Badge
Hello
So at the end I still don't know what cause the initial issue
But what I know now is that it is be impossible to fix without the mobile App
The Desktop Application can't do anything for a device that is "Lost" from Sonos sight so it is mandatory to use the Mobile app to link them back
The more I go the more I'm disgusted !