Answered

2 systems, 2 wifi routers, can connect the two

• 25 March 2020
  • 2 replies

We have a had our sonos system set up in our house for year, but recently add more speakers outside to our patio. Someone else installed the new system and now we cannot connect to both systems due to the wifi routers. The main problem is that you cannot connect the speakers under one awning to the ones a few yards away under another awning. 

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 25 March 2020, 21:23

@Rindler 

@Airgetlam is correct. However, Is there some reason you need two Wi-Fi routers with separate SSID’s and Passphrase’s. Or could it be that someone installed a Range Extender (or Access Point) and set it up with a different SSID or Passphrase or maybe the same SSID and Passphrase but failed to disable DHCP to prevent it from assignninig IP addresses.

Since you did not setup the second router or range extender or access point I suggest you contact that person and find out exactly what they did during setup and why. Then report back with results.

Cheers!

View original

2 replies

I’m not certain I understand what you’re saying here. If someone set up a ‘new’ Sonos system that connects to a separate router, you could just factory reset only those speakers, and then use the ‘add a device’ function in your normal controller to add them back to ‘your’ system and Wi-Fi. 

Userlevel 7

@Rindler 

@Airgetlam is correct. However, Is there some reason you need two Wi-Fi routers with separate SSID’s and Passphrase’s. Or could it be that someone installed a Range Extender (or Access Point) and set it up with a different SSID or Passphrase or maybe the same SSID and Passphrase but failed to disable DHCP to prevent it from assignninig IP addresses.

Since you did not setup the second router or range extender or access point I suggest you contact that person and find out exactly what they did during setup and why. Then report back with results.

Cheers!