Question

2/3 speakers will not play Spotify anymore

• 23 December 2016
  • 5 replies

I have s playbar and a 5 from 3-4 years ago and a one year old 3. Since I chose control from Spotify I cannot play on the older speakers (but all works fine on my 3). It works neither from From the Sonos app nor from Spotify. It looks like the music is playing but there is no sound and when I try to switch song the screen on my iPhone goes grey and I get an error message that it cannot play the marked object or that there was an error when adding song to the queue (1002). I can play Radio or Apple Music on all speakers. Tried in vain to find away to remove control from Spotify. Have sent multiple diagnostics but no answer. Cannot find a number to call.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have s playbar and a 5 from 3-4 years ago and a one year old 3. Since I chose control from Spotify I cannot play on the older speakers (but all works fine on my 3). It works neither from From the Sonos app nor from Spotify. It looks like the music is playing but there is no sound and when I try to switch song the screen on my iPhone goes grey and I get an error message that it cannot play the marked object or that there was an error when adding song to the queue (1002). I can play Radio or Apple Music on all speakers. Tried in vain to find away to remove control from Spotify. Have sent multiple diagnostics but no answer. Cannot find a number to call.

HI Goran71,

Please reply with the confirmation numbers from your diagnostic reports and I'll take a look. If you'd prefer you can work with our phone team, our contact information's here.
Hi Jeff S, Where can I find the confirmation numbers?
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142/kw/diagnostic
Thanks though already done that twice and trying to find out how I can find the codes from those prev diagnostics.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks though already done that twice and trying to find out how I can find the codes from those prev diagnostics.

Just send in a new report and reply with the number, I can look up your previous reports that way.