Answered

12.0.5 Totally Inoperative

• 6 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Overnight, one of two Sonos-connected rooms (LR with Beam and 2 Ikea Symfonisk) disappeared from APP.  Multiple attempts to reinstall APP (now 12.0.) continually fail, leaving APP opening screen a blank, tan nothing with usual “wait, close, report problem” not even appearing.  What is going on?   Is there a way to reload older version of APP.  Thanks for all help.

icon

Best answer by malouin1940 6 September 2020, 19:08

Bruce,

It just had to have been the app.  I did go through closing and reopening router and system, and after severeal more attempts to reload the app, it did work.  When I opened and finally operationaized the app it walked me through a number of protocols and then came to life.  The 12.0.5 app I now have is radically different from what I had.  It is far more oriented towards visuals, with product sketches and descriptions far more sophisticated than I had.  That said, it is now working perfectly.

Many thanks for your help,

Joe

View original

4 replies

The app is likely not the issue, it’s probably your network. Start by wiring one of your Sonos devices to your router with an Ethernet cable, and give the system a couple of minutes to recognize the change, then open your controller.

Then I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. 

Bruce,

It just had to have been the app.  I did go through closing and reopening router and system, and after severeal more attempts to reload the app, it did work.  When I opened and finally operationaized the app it walked me through a number of protocols and then came to life.  The 12.0.5 app I now have is radically different from what I had.  It is far more oriented towards visuals, with product sketches and descriptions far more sophisticated than I had.  That said, it is now working perfectly.

Many thanks for your help,

Joe

I’m delighted it’s working now, but makes me suspect where you got the previous app. There has only been a single version of 12.0.5, so it shouldn’t be any different, other than of course reaching the Sonos system. The controller is only a display for the actual system that runs on your speakers. 

Bruce,

App came straight from Google Play.  All is well and it remains a mystery.  Case closed I think. 

Joe