Question

1101 error tried everything!

• 17 September 2020
  • 10 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Rebooted everything, tried wireless, tried wired…. talked to support for hours.  Just totally frustrated that I can’t even use my system

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @SLV, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and for trying to do some troubleshooting steps on resolving this issue, I know where you're coming from. Regarding your concern about getting the error 1101. I'll be asking some questions to further check on this issue. 

• When does the error message show up on your system?
  • Are you trying to update the Sonos App or your Sonos Speakers?
  • What controller device are you using for the Sonos App?
  • When did it start happening?
  • Are there any changes made in the settings on the Sonos App?
  • What did the Support team advise you about the next course of action or steps?

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

This just started happening to me today but my system is still usable.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @mborella, thanks for the update. Sorry to hear that the issue still persists. About this issue, and so that We can have a better view of what could be causing the issue. Kindly answer the questions above so we can provide and be on the right course of action for the issue. 

I’ll also ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. Thanks.

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

Having exactly the same problem, @SLV! So frustrating.

Tried everything, wired, wireless, rebooting everything. Support not all that helpful.

Did you ever get to the bottom of it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Try shutting down ALL Sonos components and your router. Reboot your router and wait for it to FULLY restart, and make sure the the wifi has fully started. Then power up one of your Sonos devices - a wired one if you have any on ethernet. Wait for it to be fully restarted, and see if it’s visible in the controller. Bring up each speaker one at a time, again ensuring each is fully restarted before powering up the next.

This should force each speaker to get a fresh IP address (assuming you’ve not set fixed ip addresses for your speakers?) to avoid any ip address conflicts.

If this sorts it, and you’re not using fixed ip addresses, that would be the next thing to do to prevent a re-occurrence of the problem.

Hi @nik9669a 

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm very confident there are no IP issues, however I have tried turning everything off and bringing them up one by one.

I've done a packet capture from my router and can see a connection with the Sonos servers get reset when I try and update. Has anyone seen this before?

Well, I tried this again a couple of hours later and it miraculously “just worked”.

I can only put this down to an issue with the Sonos servers, or some sort of issue on the path between me and Sonos.

Sorry I can’t be more help to anyone else having this issue - but very happy I’m up and working again!

Well, I tried this again a couple of hours later and it miraculously “just worked”.

I can only put this down to an issue with the Sonos servers, or some sort of issue on the path between me and Sonos.

Sorry I can’t be more help to anyone else having this issue - but very happy I’m up and working again!

Probably a temporary server outage, like you say. You can always check the sonos status page here if you do ever encounter a similar issue…

https://status.sonos.com

Anyhow, glad to hear the matter has been resolved.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Strangely enough I resolved the issue by splitting my nodes into old and new (S1 and S2, respectively), then upgrading the S2 nodes.  That worked.  My 7 S2 nodes seems to be working fine.  I still have not done anything with the S1 nodes at this point so who knows.  

The split is something that I had planned on doing for a while.  

Anyway, issue resolved.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @mborella and to all. thanks for the update and letting us know about this issue. It was reported that we previously experienced a Cloud Outage. This is affecting the customer's ability to update players on S1 Systems, but the server cache was cleared and therefore the issue is resolved. If it still doesn’t work, You may try to do a reboot or power cycle on your whole Sonos system by unplugging it for 1-2 minutes. If you’re still experiencing issues please do let us know. 

The Sonos community is always here to help.