1001 and 1002 error

• 24 July 2018
  • 9 replies

We have had people around to our house the past 2 weeks and each time these errors keep coming up. I then need to do a reset in order for the music to come on.

Please can you assist as it is huge inconvenience.

Errors 1001 and 1002.

Diagnostic number - 1007286557

9 replies

This was using Spotify and Apple Music
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
We have had people around to our house the past 2 weeks and each time these errors keep coming up. I then need to do a reset in order for the music to come on.

Please can you assist as it is huge inconvenience.

Errors 1001 and 1002.

Diagnostic number - 1007286557

Hi andyo55,

Thanks for sending in the report. There are some connection errors showing up between your Sonos system and Spotify. Due to the nature of this issue it would be best to have our phone team take a look at this live. Please give us a call, our phone number can be found here.
Thank you for coming back to me Jeff.

I just tried to call but noticed your opening hours is Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm. I will be in work during this time and won't be able to run any checks as I won't be home.

Is there an alternative way of doing this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Twitter is 24x7 but doesn't have all the tools and options that the phone folks do but it would be worth a try. https://twitter.com/SonosSupport

If you find yourself with a day off to call in sometimes and in some locations you can leave a call-back number and not be on hold for so long. Right now they have a support notice up saying things on the phone system are pretty slow.

We're experiencing larger than normal email volumes, please allow up to 72 hours for a response. If your question is not urgent, we recommend you ask the experts on our community. You can also reach us on Twitter.
Hi,

Having spoken to Sonos support I was advised to purchase a Bridge to connect my systems (previously ethernet through my Play Bar which connected my Play 5).

Saturday was the first time we have had people around and the Sonos stopped working again!! This is getting ridiculous now as I am losing faith with the product. I have recommended Sonos to many family and friends, as it's been fantastic. But we can't have a night without Sonos ceasing to work. I even subscribed to Napster again on Saturday as I was unsure whether the issue was due to Spotify, the issue still happened!!

The diagnostic number was 702164980.

Please can someone come back to me to resolve this. I just want to be able to use Sonos the way it used to work!!!

Many thanks.
I am having similar issues. Trying to play music from Apple Music and getting a 1001 error. This also happens when I play to my Play One using air play and then go to the Sonos app to add in my "connect".

My diagnostics number is: 1501795102

Any help would be appreciated. I restarted my router, each of the devices and made sure the app is up to date. This is very frustrating as I just bought this system 2 weeks ago.
Did you follow the advice in the FAQ?

error codes
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If the problem only occurs when "lots of people come to our house" then the problem is likely with your wifi: everyone's phones are continually scanning the airways for wifi networks, and it appears your router craps out when this happens. Suggest getting a new router, or at least upgrading the wifi portion.

If you are giving your guests access to your network (not recommended but it happens) then again the router looks suspect, being unable to handle the additional load reliably.

(This assumes your guests are not wearing lead-lined suits that block wireless signals).
It does not, the problem is not intermittent (my entire sonos system has not been working for about a week).

not sure if anyone from supper looked at my diagnostic report I sent over and was able to find anything there?

tried to restart everything, looked at the IP address’s in the router and there are no duplicates (which I saw in other forums could be an issue). This system ran perfectly for about 2 weeks and now is unusable other than using single speakers for Alexa.