I just got interested in speaker recently and therefore trying to buy Play 5 for the start.
I have two questions.
1. I heard that sometime this year, Alexa will be able to connect Sonos speaker using wifi. Does this means that I have to buy another one? Or it will just be a software update so I don't have to buy a newer one?
2. I have bunch of Flac file ready (one of the reason why I want to buy a good speaker and Sonos Play 5 can handle Flac file). I saw that android was possible but IOS cannot play Flac file using wifi as apple does not support Flac. So I am just trying to connect Play 5 using my computer wirelessly and play Flac file from my computer using Sonos app for windows. Is this possible?
3. Since I am moving to other state around two years later, my plan is to buy one Sonos Play 5 for now and buy another Sonos Play 5 and a subwoofer after I moved! Do you think this is a good Idea?
Best answer by Stuart_W
2) Yes - But your computer MUST be switched on AND the hard drive NOT asleep. Ultimately you will probably want to get your music on a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device so you can play your music without the need for the computer to be on.
3) A Play 5 stereo pair in the future would be a great idea and doubtless the SUB is brilliant but I would expect the SUB to have a lesser improvement on a pair of 5s than a pair of Play 1s because the Play 5 has excellent bass response already.