Answered

Update 14.19 - Music stream and/or speakers dropping out.

• 22 November 2022
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 5 replies

Hi,

Has anyone noticed that since installing update 14.19 an intermittent problem of total loss of sound, or the 'odd' speaker dropping out, sometimes for up to approx. 5 secs?  More of an irritation than anything  else.  Never experienced this before and nothing obvious has changed on my network.

I suspect the update is the problem but, one issue the update did 'cure' was a problem I had with speakers auto grouping post the previous update.

Diagnostic (1066513742) provided within 5 mins of the last occurrence of this 'new' issue occurring. 

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 22 November 2022, 09:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Issues after an update are generally caused by network problems,  as it involves a reboot of all your Sonos devices. This in turn can introduce duplicate IP addresses into your home network. Please see my post: 

Thanks.  I'll give this a go.

Hi UKMedia,

After following your reboot instructions, all is well!  I would have expected to see at least  a couple of drop-outs by now but, so far, so good.

Many thanks for your advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi UKMedia,

After following your reboot instructions, all is well!  I would have expected to see at least  a couple of drop-outs by now but, so far, so good.

Many thanks for your advice. 

Great news. I'd recommend that you follow this up with the advice to reserve IP addresses within your router setup, as a long term fix.

Hi UKMedia,

If you have a set of instructions on how to achieve this I'd be very grateful?  The instructions would need to be written in a manner that a 10yr old would understand - that statement indicates the level of my IT skills!

My Sonos system is as follows:

Amp - ethernet directly to a BT Home Hub router (version 5 I think) - powering 2 ceiling speakers.

Playbar, Sub, 2 x Play 1s (All grouped for home theater)

Play 3

Play 5

Move

Roam