Symfonisk Table Lamp disconnects after a couple minutes of play

• 4 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I’ve started experiencing issue with my Sonos speaker. This is a new issue, I’ve first noticed it on Tuesday, and my own trouble shooting (Even resetting the device fully), and help from support hasn’t fixed this.

The speaker will play for 2-10 minutes, after that it will stop playing music, not be available to connect to, and offline according to the sonos app. Sonos app still shows that the music is playing. The device also shows as still connected to my network (Checking through router). Sometimes (1 out of 5 times) the speaker will then start playing my music after an hour or so, and the only way to stop it is to press the play pause button on the speaker.

I’m absolutely lost on what else to check, I’ve gone as far as to reset my router, checked all DNS settings I could think of, even hard wired the speaker… Nothing seems to fix it. I’ve played it from 3 different devices, asked my friends and family to play from their speakers, and tried using a different wifi in a separate location.

What else can I do?

4 replies

Perhaps see if these steps will work for you -

1. Set the router to use a ‘fixed’ non-overlapping 2.4Ghz channel (channel 1, 6 or 11) - maybe start with channel 11.
  2. If the router allows, also set that bands channel-width to 20Mhz only.
  3. In the Sonos App ensure you have the 2.4Ghz WiFi SSID only listed in ‘Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks’ 
  4. Make sure your speaker and router are at least one metre away from other wireless/bluetooth devices and each other.

Hope that helps to sort your issue.

Hi,

The issue persists over ethernet as mentioned… “ even hard wired the speaker”

Hi,

Did you find a solution to this? I have a similar issue with one of my table lamps, the other two are completely stable.

Thanks.

Unplug all Sonos devices from power. Reboot your router. Wait 2 minutes, then plug back in your Sonos devices.

Alternately, set up reserved IP addresses in your router’s DHCP table. 

1. Set the router to use a ‘fixed’ non-overlapping 2.4Ghz channel (channel 1, 6 or 11) - maybe start with channel 11.
  3. In the Sonos App ensure you have the 2.4Ghz WiFi SSID only listed in ‘Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks’ 
  4. Make sure your speaker and router are at least one metre away from other wireless/bluetooth devices and each other.

Hi,

The issue persists over ethernet as mentioned… “ even hard wired the speaker”