Symfonisk - ideal positioning for stereo

• 26 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I just wanted to check if there was any positioning recommendations for these speakers. The manual recommends 8-10 feet apart, with a listening position 8-10 feet away. The manual also says - The SYMFONISK is designed to work well even when placed next to a wall or other surface.

I have bought the IKEA adjustable wall brackets and was thinking of installing them above a double sliding door with the speakers horizontally mounted (8-10 feet apart) 2 feet from the ceiling, pointing down to my listening position which is 8-10 feet away. The left speaker would be close to the left hand wall (6-8 inches).  

2 replies

That should work ok; ideally, the adjustable wall brackets should have a way to  get the speakers to also point inwards a little and not just down.

The recommended distances hew to the equidistant rule - if therefore the listening distance is 6-8 feet away and the speakers are 6-8 feet apart, this would work just as well. Closer distances will allow the speakers to not have to be pointed inwards for best stereo effects.

Badge +1

Unfortunately the IKEA brackets only move in one way. Pointing down due to the height placement is more important than toeing in. Just concerned about being near the ceiling and a corner. In years gone buy it was always a no no to place speakers in a corner. Manual says not to worry about corners. Maybe any problems are fixed by Trueplay.