Answered

Speakers won’t configure

• 26 June 2020
  • 9 replies

Setup is 2x play:5 Gen2’s and a Sub Gen2. System is named “living room” and used to stream music from Spotify. 

Since updating to the new S2 app, when I went directly into Spotify app as normal the living room was missing from devices to play through. So I went into the sonos app to find the right speaker was showing “not configured”. 
I tried following the app in find missing devices but it wouldn’t sort the issue. Tried rebooting the full system, also the WiFi rooter but still not working. 
I have now done a full factory reset on both play:5’s and the sub. When I set the first speaker up there is no problem, when I go to set the second speaker up I had a problem trying to get it to stereo pair, it eventually did but then immediately says it’s not configured. The sub says not configured but I’m presuming that’s because I don’t have a stereo pair? I’m loosing the will, any help would be appreciated. 

Regards

Dale

icon

Best answer by Dale1980 5 July 2020, 11:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Dale1980.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I have checked your Sonos account and It seems that you have already contacted out technical support team through chat and it shows that your 2 Sonos Play 5s are now configured as stereo paired speakers.

Please let us know if you still need any additional help, questions, or concerns. We are always ready to help.

Thanks,

Thanks for the reply, they basically sorted themselves out eventually. Nobody answered the chat as it must have been out of hours. 

Thanks

Dale

My Sonos app says that my sub and both 5’s are not configured. I need help.

More information: I replaced my Bar with an ARC. Now my Sub and two 5 speakers won’t configure. I have rebooted everything and I didn’t work. Any suggestions?

Sorry I’m new to this, I didn’t realize I was replying to someone else.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Dale1980.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

I’m glad that everything is now settled and working again. If I may ask, were you familiar with what might have happened that fixed the system? It may be helpful as well if we can share (is possible) what happened that fixed it? 

Please do not hesitate to reach out to create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Jessealfredo.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand it can be quite confusing and frustrating to not being able to use your Sonos system. Let me help you out with that.

I would like to ask some questions to better understand what is going on and be able to provide accurate assistance.

• You have mentioned that the Sonos app prompts Sub and Play 5 not configured, usually, there is a wrench beside that prompt, what happens when we tap on that wrench as that would enter configure mode for the unconfigured Sonos device on the Sonos app?
  • Can we try to set Play 5 first as separate rooms and check if they would work as music speakers only?
  • If yes, can we add the sub to the Play 5 and check if all of them would work simultaneously?
  • If both of the above recommendations work, can we try to remove Sub, add Sub, and add surrounds on your Sonos Arc.
  • Can we also try to submit a diagnostic to check why your Sonos system is behaving this way?

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

Hi Paul, we had hooked up the ARC incorrectly. It came with two hookups. An HDMI and another one. We used the other one which was the wrong one. I actually called Sony thinking our TV was on the wrong setting, he’s the one that helped us figure it out. Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Jessealfredo.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

I’m glad to hear that everything is working now. Thanks for sharing the solution on what fixed your issue as it may be helpful to other members of the community who might have the same issue and are looking for answers here in the community. I do hope you continue to enjoy your Sonos.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a new topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help,

Thanks,