Question

Sonos Play 1 skipping songs on a particular type of playlist (1651581632)

• 19 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I have playlists, where it always skip songs. We cannot determine the cause since on other players (browsers, media players, etc.) it works correctly. 

Submitted a diagnostic report immediately after experiencing the skip: 1651581632

I play this file via TuneIn custom local radio. The URL is: http://www.zanjanisound.com/core/api/file/playlistts.m3u?id=113. It skips after some time or during the transition to the next song. It only consists of two songs.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

@Ken_Griffiths  I have used this on Ethernet, so it is not wireless interference or due to internet connection. And other playlists work fine for hours on Wi-Fi.

Hopefully the Staff here will see your post and diagnostic report and take a look for you to see if any additional information can be gleaned. If it’s not picked up here by Staff within the next 24hrs, then you can always contact Sonos Customer Care at the link below:

Sonos Customer Care

Hope you manage to get the issue resolved.

@Ken_Griffiths  I have used this on Ethernet, so it is not wireless interference or due to internet connection. And other playlists work fine for hours on Wi-Fi. This is only a single Sonos device in our home.

lawrence1902,

I’m not sure why this would happen with certain playlists only, but...

This ‘may’ happen if a playing speaker is having intermittent Wireless interference - Are your devices running on your WiFi, or SonosNet, with (any) one, or more, Sonos devices cabled to the local network?

If they are connected to your router over WiFi only, then try changing the 2.4ghz WiFi Channel. I recommend using a ‘fixed’ non-overlapping channel (1, 6 or 11). 

If you do have (any) sonos device wired to the network, then ensure the SonosNet channel in ‘Settings/System/Network’ in the Sonos App is set at least 5 channels away from your chosen routers 2.4ghz channel.

Ensure your Sonos devices are at least 3 feet away from other connected WiFi devices (where practicable) particularly any wired device needs to positioned away from the router and see if that improves the situation.