Question

Sonos not available on new network.

• 1 October 2020
  • 6 replies

I have recently moved.

My system of 4 units has been set up on the new network. Three of them are working fine, but the 4th is not connecting. I can get so far as it seems to be recognised, but when i need to press the below buttons I get the correct sound, but nothing happens in the app, I have also reset the speaker and tried again. I have tried with and without router directly connected to the speaker. 

It is a play:1, and the speakers which is connected properly are: Move, Play:1 and One. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Kim Skovgaards.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Since you manage to set up 3 of your speakers, we will just focus on the play:1 that is not working.

Do you see a message that play 1 was successfully been reset?

Since you've tried to hardwire the Play1 directly to the router, can you try to plug it back in and try to add the speaker again after the reset?

If this still doesn't work keep it plugin then submit a diagnostic report for me to what's wrong with the device.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Mark

the reset process was complete based on first the colours switching and then the clear green. 

It did not work this time either. 
I have this diagnostics number: 178600278

I am currently also experiencing that the other play:1 + One is connected to the system but will not play any sound. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Kim Skovgaards.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Thank you for providing the diagnostic number first thing I looked in is the router.

Since you're having an audio problem to the play:1 now,

Here are router settings that need to be verified. You can contact your ISP or the manufacturer of the router for assistance.

a. Auto channel must be set to Off

b. Choose best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11) in your case I suggest channel 6

c. Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz

d. Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled

e. 802.11 band should be set to b/g/n

f. Airtime Fairness should be disabled

After configuring the settings above try to add the ethernet cable again to the other speaker and in the Sonos application add a new product make sure you reset again the speaker.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Mark

I managed to cable one of the play:1’s and now have a SonosNet set at channel 6. 

it can be cabled permanently so if it is easier to solve by doing so, thats all good.

I also found the fourth speaker now, and it has been set up. 

But it has created an issue i have not experienced before. All speakers except Sonos Move is not playing any audio no matter how i try to adjust. In the app they look like they are playing with volume on, but the speakers are quiet except the Sonos Move.

Also, the airplay compatible speakers is not recognized when i try to use airplay, so something is up there too. 

Update: all speakers are now working properly (with a cabled setup)

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Kim Skovgaards.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community and providing feedback regarding the current status of your speakers.

You can also try to go to Support.sonos.com for some step by step guide if ever you encounter some issues with Sonos.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.