Question

Sonos dropping off constantly.

• 14 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Sonos speakers all dropping out and this usually results in songs being skipped and then the next song will start and then repeat the dropping out issue.  I have 2 older PLAY 5 units and one newer Play One unit all on wifi.  My Wi-Fi set-up is robust and solid with Netgear ORBI and Spectrum as MY ISP with approximately 500Mbps download speed.  I have assigned all three Sonos speakers with static IP addresses, rebooted countless times, even deleted and reinstalled the Sonos S1 app all to no avail.  All of these units used to be rock solid but not anymore.  Very frustrating.  It happens while listening to Amazon Music, Spotify or even Apple with my local library. Diagnostics log is: 1216727898

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ComeonSonos2020, thanks for the update. Thanks for bringing this up, and I know where you're coming from. About this issue. if you have tried all the possible troubleshooting steps and dropouts are still occurring, We need to take this; further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

I have moved the speakers to everywhere possible and no luck.  The funny thing is that all three will cut out at various times and what makes things more frustrating is even the Play 5 speaker in the living room that is literally a foot from the Wi-Fi router.  Also, this problem has really been more prevalent since Sonos sent out the message to the Sono’s community that they would need to upgrade their speakers to the latest platform and the older stuff would no longer be supported or even function.  I know the president of the company received a lot of backlash and later retracted that statement but the fact that the speakers are constantly going offline does make one wonder if there has been an update or something that purposely causes the interuptions.  I would love to hear how to resolve this problem because right now I am frustrated enough to throw them away and go with a different solution.  That is pretty sad considering I have always been a staunch Sonos fan.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ComeonSonos2020, Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos system, and thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your system. Upon checking, It detects wireless interference between the devices. Kindly check this link about reducing Wireless interference on Sonos for some troubleshooting steps. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.