Answered

Some songs won't play on my Play 3 but ok elsewhere

• 24 June 2022
  • 1 reply

I have just added an old Play 3 to my network which also has a Beam and a Playbase.

I have my music library of FLACs ripped from my CD collection on a hard drive attached to my router.

If I try to play one of a fair proportion of those FLACs on the Play 3 alone, it doesn’t work; I get errors from “can’t connect” to “wrongly encoded”. It seems consistent which ones don’t play. They work fine on the other speakers, and they will play on the 3, so long as another speaker is also playing them. The moment I stop the other speaker, the Play 3 stops playing the song with an error. Other tracks are fine. All have been ripped with the same software and the same settings.

I’m baffled, don’t know where to start debugging this, any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 June 2022, 16:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I suspect some sort of wifi interference causing issues with communications to just that speaker on occasion. I’d certainly recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.