Answered

Single speaker not working with Airplay

• 14 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Two days ago, one of the speakers in my system stopped being able to have audio sent to it from Airplay. I get an error on my iPad that simply states: “Airplay: Unable to connect to “Office”.” Airplay works on my 4 other Sonos speakers throughout the house, apart from this one. None are added to my home via Homekit. I’ve tried the following:

• Restarting speaker
  • Restarting iPad
  • Restarting network
  • Changing from a wired (sonosnet) to a wireless network connection
  • Factory resetting speaker 

The best workaround I have for the moment is AirPlaying to another speaker, setting volume to 0, and grouping to my Office speaker, but this is insanely convoluted. I found a few other posts regarding similar issues, however they’ve stated that a factory reset has fixed the issue - unfortunately not the case for me. Is the only option currently to wait for Apple to fix their AirPlay architecture? Or has anyone come across a different fix?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 January 2023, 11:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BobSJ 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Wondering what model of speaker “Office” was I took a look at your system but I see no room called “Office”. Did you perhaps fix/bypass the issue by using another name for your speaker? If so, I would have to presume there is some existing link between the old room name and HomeKit - be sure to check all your Apple devices.

Hey @Corry P ! When I factory reset my speaker I renamed it to “Guest Room”. I don’t have any of these devices added in Homekit - actually, it won’t even let me if I want, I get the same error that occurs when I try to AirPlay something

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BobSJ 

Understood. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.