roam shows in the app as not connected

• 5 February 2023
  • 4 replies

I am having an issue with my Sonos roam speaker. The battery ran flat after which it would not connect to the app, so I did a factory reset reconnected to the app connected to Wi-Fi but currently the device appears as not connected.

I am having an issue with my Sonos roam speaker. The battery ran flat after which it would not connect to the app, so I did a factory reset reconnected to the app connected to Wi-Fi but currently the device appears as not connected.

I have tried to connect it to the app however, after repeated attempts, shutting it down starting it up. Turning off the router dancing on my head for six minutes. It continues to not connect to the Sonos app. Ironically, now the device doesn’t appear to turn off even when I hold the off button down for 10 to 20 minutes. 

4 replies

It sounds like you need to charge it, what charger are you using, is it a PD certified charger with a power output between (5v x 1.5A = 7.5w) and (5v x 3A = 15w)?

The problem started after the unit went flat. When I charged it up it would not connect. So I reset the speaker went through the set up process in the app, got it set up but it is showing as not connected in the app. Next I went through the connection process but it doesn’t connect. 

So the speaker is fully charged. 

So the speaker is fully charged. 

What do you see if you goto http://[IP address of Roam]:1400/status/batterystatus

That’s assuming it can get an IP address from your router.