put sonos ones in kitchen

• 16 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

hi guys, 

does any one putting sonos speaker in kitchen? will it get oily on the surface of the speaker over the time?

thanks a lot 

shan 

8 replies

Well, I’ve recently placed one near our cooker as that’s the most convenient place in that area.  So far it seems to be OK. But I guess if it does start getting dirty, it will have to be moved.
not sure that helps you though!!

Badge

Well, I’ve recently placed one near our cooker as that’s the most convenient place in that area.  So far it seems to be OK. But I guess if it does start getting dirty, it will have to be moved.
not sure that helps you though!!

recently I have moved house, so the kitchen is isolated with dinning room and living room, but I love to have music when I am cooking, so I am thinking about putting a speaker in kitchen :D 

I have a square kitchen, so the cooking cooking side is on the opposite of the sink side, I am thinking maybe sink side will get the speaker oiled up slower? or hopefully not get oiled up? :D 

thanks for your reply anyway! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I have two Sonos Ones on top of my kitchen cupboards i.e. near the ceiling. They probably get a little greasy from the cooking fumes but since they are black and up on the cupboards you don’t notice it. I have one on each side of the kitcthen so it makes a nice stereo sound. It is perfect for listening to music, and probably the speakers that get the most play time, since a lot of the action in the house goes on in the kitchen. I recommend it.

Badge

it would be perfect the next gen Move stereo up like era 100, so people could take a speaker to shower, kitchen, garage occasionally, instead of wired up pair of stereos in kitchen/ shower/ garage 

🤣

As long as your shower, kitchen, and garage are covered by Wi-Fi, you can use the Move in stereo right now. It’s only non stereo when using Bluetooth. 

Badge

As long as your shower, kitchen, and garage are covered by Wi-Fi, you can use the Move in stereo right now. It’s only non stereo when using Bluetooth. 

that totally new for me, I though move is a mono speaker :D

Each MOVE is mono. A pair of MOVE’s can be “Bonded” to build a stereo pair. This Bonded pair will appear as a single Room in the SONOS controllers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

One in my kitchen on a Sonos outlet shelf, it sees more dust than oil. If you are worried you could make a cover for it or get one of the (overpriced) pre-made ones.

Orange but other colors are out there -- https://www.amazon.com/Soundskins-Sonos-Textile-Cover-Copper/dp/B07N7716JN/ref=sr_1_3