Answered

Play:1 added, but "Not registered" - fails to link to my Sonos account

• 13 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi,
I searched around, and googled the error messages I have, but to no avail.  Perhaps as this is an older device, the answers are harder to find.  Anyway, see if anyone can help…
I loaned my Play:1 to a friend, which they never used, but now I have it back, it's failing to link to my account.

I did a hardware reset in the end. Still setup failed suggesting I use ethernet instead. So switched to ethernet, it finds the speaker, does its chime "PIN" okay, but then at "Linking your Play:1 to your account", it fails "There was a problem linking your Play:1 to your account", no reason or details given for fail.
So ultimately I have "Your Play:1 (Den) has been added. Audio playback will be available once this product is updated and linked to your account", and the Play:1 is shown in System/Products as "Not registered".
I tried online support, but the bot just wasted my time and couldn’t connect me to anyone.
Online at sonos.com, my Sonos account shows the Play:1 as registered, *with today’s date*.
So far it's given me no opportunity to set up wi-fi.
With the ethernet attached, the Play:1 is at 192.168.1.74, and http://192.168.1.74:1400/support/review shows this (and only this, no links on the page) (btw: if it’s got an http interface, can I not just set up everything manually at some other url?):

ZoneName Den
LocalUID RINCON_7*************400
Configuration 1
IPAddress 192.168.1.74
SoftwareVersion 70.1-34112
HardwareVersion 1.20.1.6-2.1
SWGen 2
QuarantineReason secreg
icon

Best answer by ipanel 18 November 2022, 18:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Yeah, I spent another afternoon at it, got there in the end. Several resets, several error codes (one undocumented),  ethernet cable, an update, and registered. All good.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What did the Support Team say when you contacted them?

@Hsjdkhev 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @ipanel, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve had a look into your system and can see that the Play:1 is showing as registered since the 17th. Were you able to get the Play:1 working on Wi-Fi or are you still having issues registering the speaker? 

If you’re still having issues then I’d recommend you reach out to our support team over the phone as they have the necessary tools to help troubleshoot this.

About to pack this * up and return everything. What dumbass designed this garbage?!?!? * 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

I have the same issue… Honestly, the documentation and support at Sonos is *horrible*! I guess I’ll keep trying but connecting up a wireless speaker should not be this difficult.

What did the Support Team say when you contacted them?

I have the same issue… Honestly, the documentation and support at Sonos is *horrible*! I guess I’ll keep trying but connecting up a wireless speaker should not be this difficult.

Normally, the setup of a new/used (unregistered) Sonos device via the Sonos App, may sometimes mean it does not show-up initially in the App, until it’s been rebooted/power-cycled, exactly as the ‘typical’ pop-up message states on-screen to the user. 

I suggest to then temporarily cable the device to the LAN (optional, but worthwhile) and perform the requested reboot/power-cycle.

Once the speaker is back up and running and has settled, simply check the ‘Settings/System’ area of the Sonos App, where you should hopefully then see the speaker with a wrench icon next to its room name… just select the wrench and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process and to get the device registered as part of the Sonos system - once all the steps are completed, all should then be fine.🤞