Answered

one sl as stereo pair and surround?

• 3 December 2022
  • 4 replies

I just bought a pair of one sl to go along with my existing beam. The beam is already set up for the tv, and i would like to use the two sl’s as surrounds. But, my priority is music, and a really want to have stereo sound for music. 
is it possible to do both? Seems like that’s not an unusual situation. I’veread other articles here and it seems like you can’t. That would be extremely disappointing. Has anyone found a way to figure this out?

please help thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 4 December 2022, 00:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

The One SLs can either be a stereo pair or surrounds. Not both.

When used as surrounds, the Beam would also play music. There is no way to completely silence the Beam whilst the surrounds play music.

Userlevel 7

Go under the Surround Audio settings for the Beam and set Music Playback to FULL. When you stream music, this will play full stereo audio out of the Beam AND the One SLs while allowing the One SLs to still act as surround speakers when playing TV audio.

Go under the Surround Audio settings for the Beam and set Music Playback to FULL. When you stream music, this will play full stereo audio out of the Beam AND the One SLs while allowing the One SLs to still act as surround speakers when playing TV audio.

Thanks! 
This sounds like it could be the solution…do you know, in this setup, are the sl’s acting as true stereo pairs,  independent of the beam? am i getting actual stereo sound and separation? My fear is that the music is still being split up amongst all three speakers, more like tv surround and audio stereo.  Curious what’s your experience with this?

Userlevel 7

Thanks! 
This sounds like it could be the solution…do you know, in this setup, are the sl’s acting as true stereo pairs,  independent of the beam? am i getting actual stereo sound and separation? My fear is that the music is still being split up amongst all three speakers, more like tv surround and audio stereo.  Curious what’s your experience with this?

The FULL setting enables full stereo playback from the surround speakers. But stereo audio will still play out of the Beam too.

Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/low-audio-from-surround-speakers-when-listening-to-music