Could we get a system-wide EQ setting?

• 24 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I use my whole-home Sonos setup exclusively for music. My music library is fairly diverse, and of varying quality in terms of how it was mastered. 

As a result, I like to adjust the EQ on my speakers frequently, but digging into four “Product” sets to them scroll down to EQ and adjust each individually is a bit of a pain. 

A global/system-wide EQ adjustment would be really helpful for this. Works great for the volume slider, so it stands to reason it would also work fine for the bass slider too.

Anyone else interested in such a feature? Any chance we could see that in a future update? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7

If you use an iOS device, try the Soro app in conjunction with Apple’s Shortcuts. I use Soro to quickly switch between three different preset EQ settings with a single tap or with Siri. It works great.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/soro-for-sonos/id1550457805

Badge

Ugh, I tapped the unlabelled “Answered” button without knowing what it does. This should not be marked as Answered. 

Anyhow, thanks for the reply @GuitarSuperstar. That app looks promising. Do you find it connects reliably to your system? Any fussiness at all? 

Userlevel 7

Anyhow, thanks for the reply @GuitarSuperstar. That app looks promising. Do you find it connects reliably to your system? Any fussiness at all? 

It is very reliable. I use it almost every day with no issues at all.