Answered

Arc Volume Dropping

• 30 January 2023
  • 5 replies

The volume on my ARC keeps randomly dropping to a very low level. When I raise it, it drops again. Seems to happen more frequently on 5.1 sources. My Arc is connected to my 4K ATV viewing on LG OLED TV. 

Thanks for any help.

-Jeff 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 February 2023, 10:14

View original

5 replies

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

I would maybe submit a Sonos system diagnostic report and note the reference next time the issue occurs and then reach out to Sonos Support, as it might possibly be an amp fault issue, but that’s if the device volume often drops to 15%. See here to contact them…

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Thanks for the response @AjTrek1, I’m already set to Auto on the ATV. The issue happens with certain music sources as well. So, not only when watching TV through ATV. I’ll reach out to Technical Support (bummed  they’re not open on the weekends!). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jspmorris 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If ​​​@AjTrek1’s suggestion didn't help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. All sources of volume changes are logged.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7

Hi

Check the following in AppleTV settings in addition to the HDMI cable and/or connections:

1. Go to Settings > Video and Audio > Audio Format 
  2. You can select “Auto” or force the sound codec of your choice