ARC disconnects from group when TV turned on

• 16 March 2023
  • 5 replies

My ARC is grouped with other Sonos speakers for music.  When I turn the TV on, the ARC disconnects from the group and I have to open the Sonos app to add the ARC back to the group and adjust the ARC volume when I turn the TV off. At one time, the ARC remained on the group at the set volume for music after I turned the TV off. Sonos support informed me that the wireless channel on my router needs to be changed from channel 11 to channel 1 or 6. I called Spectrum who advised me the channel cannot be changed on the router.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

In settings you need to turn Off the Ungroup on Autoplay option 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You may still need to adjust the volume to play music. For my LG I need the volume way up, but right down for music.

True, but even from radio station to radio station and tv station to tv station there are volume differences until the industry agrees on some standardisation. That’s not a specific Sonos issue. 

Sure - I agree,  not a Sonos specific issue. just pointing out, as OP mentioned having to change volume, that this may still be needed.

You may still need to adjust the volume to play music. For my LG I need the volume way up, but right down for music.

I turned off Ungroup on Autoplay for the Arc SL and turned on the TV. TV sound played on ALL the speakers in the group. After I turned off the TV, I clicked on the Sonos app that was on TV, clicked the arrow on the top right, selected play (TuneIn Radio on Sonos), clicked on continue to stop TV Audio. The Arc was still connected to the group but I had to adjust the volume (as noted by Traveller). This is more hassle than before and I don’t want the TV sound throughout the house!

Somehow, last week, I was able to turn the TV on and off without the Arc disconnecting from the group or the volume changing. It was great but lasted only two days. This is the reason I have raised this issue as I know it does work.