Answered

Apple Music volumes still too high after 15.3 update

• 18 April 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Since 15.2, Apple Music playback is far too loud and is preventing thousands (if not millions) from using their Sonos systems properly. 

15.3 has just come out and it does NOT resolve this issue. Apple Music playback is still far too loud.

Sonos support also do not care about the issue, will no longer respond to me, and have closed my ticket as being fixed. 

See related thread - 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 18 April 2023, 21:20

View original

12 replies

I’m still having the same issue as well… it’s quiet frustrating how long Sonos needs to fix this problem, especially since I can’t downgrade to an older version…

Userlevel 7

Your response on the related thread answers your question:

Best answer by Tom_69

Had a response from Sonos support today. Now confirmed that their developers are aware of the issue with Apple Music volume and are working on a fix, but no ETA. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Your response on the related thread answers your question:

Best answer by Tom_69

Had a response from Sonos support today. Now confirmed that their developers are aware of the issue with Apple Music volume and are working on a fix, but no ETA. 

And the new update with various bug fixes does not resolve the issue, hence the new thread. 

However, it would be nice if Sonos would provide an update on their resolution progress instead of closing my issue as resolved and staying silent. 

Userlevel 2

Same problem here, sound is still way to load. Even at sound settling 1. 🤔

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Still not fixed. Utter joke company. 

Yep. Can’t quite understand why it is taking Apple so long to fix the issue. I’d think it would be a fairly simple thing on their server. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Still not fixed after 15.4 update. 

Userlevel 2

Still not fixed after 15.5 update!

Badge

Seriously, when is this going to be fixed?  Volume level 1 is too loud!  I’ve been following this problem for over a year now with no solution from Sonos.

12/10/23 still not fixed

Sonos, please read these threads and take this feedback seriously. If you don’t want to do a special fix for Apple Music, then at least add a way to be able to play the system at a really low volume, regardless the music source. Why not use the max volume limit to also increase the sensitivity / range for the low volume range?

Badge

I keep getting 30% off upgrade offers from Sonos. Why would I invest in more Sonos products when Sonos won’t fix this simple problem?  How long will it take to fix?  Volume level 1 is too loud on Apple Music.  Do something about it.