Question

Adding speaker.

• 7 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I am trying to add a refurbished Play 5 gen 2 to an existing Sonos speaker set up. My device recognizes the speaker and I go through the prompts until I get to the part where set up wants to use a temporary network to continue set up. I am then prompted to tap the pause/play button on the new speaker that is chiming. Pressing the button does not do anything. I’ve reset my iPad, tried my phone instead and reset my router. Still stumped. Any help appreciated 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Bart5474.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Since this was a used device, I suggest start first on resetting the Speaker reason behind this is the speaker still might have the credential of the old owner that's why it's not pushing thru.

Try to hardwire the speaker also to the router using ethernet cable after you reset the device so that it can be detected right away by the router.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.