Support for audiobooks bookmarks (.m4b)

• 26 March 2015
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
I love the Sonos system but I am really disappointed there is no support for bookmarks in audiobooks (and podcasts). I love listening to audiobooks and since I'm from Sweden Audible is not an option if I want to listen to Swedish audiobooks.

I buy my books in MP3 or on CD and make them real bookmarkable audiobooks in the .m4b-format with the program Audiobook Builder so they are not DRM-protected.

It's also annoying that I can't play the audiobooks I have on my iPhone in the Sonos app, I need to use the computer version.

So please Sonos, fix support for bookmarks in audiobook (and podcasts) so all your audiobook loving customer can bookmark their audiobooks. :)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I love the Sonos system but I am really disappointed there is no support for bookmarks in audiobooks (and podcasts). I love listening to audiobooks and since I'm from Sweden Audible is not an option if I want to listen to Swedish audiobooks.

I buy my books in MP3 or on CD and make them real bookmarkable audiobooks in the .m4b-format with the program Audiobook Builder so they are not DRM-protected.

It's also annoying that I can't play the audiobooks I have on my iPhone in the Sonos app, I need to use the computer version.

So please Sonos, fix support for bookmarks in audiobook (and podcasts) so all your audiobook loving customer can bookmark their audiobooks. :)

Any update on this. I would have thought this would be addressed in 2016. That's a feature that is a must
Userlevel 1
Badge
Remembering position would also be a really useful feature.

I also use Audiobook builder to convert CDs 🙂