Sonos connect keeps cutting out

• 13 August 2014
  • 51 replies

My connect keeps cutting out/stuttering when playing music. It is currently plugged in via ethernet cable as it was also cutting out before when running on wireless. My internet speed is 100mbps so I know it's not an internet speed issue. My diagnostics number is 3944892

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

51 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hello User835107,

Looking at your Diagnostic you seem to broadcast the audio signal form the CONNECT to your PLAY:1, playing the line-in source I assume?

In that case you may want to set the audio compression to compressed within the advanced controller settings so SONOS can buffer the line-in stream.

Your SONOS system is also suffering from strong wireless interferences. Please set the wireless channel to 1 and reply with another diagnostic number.

Thanks,
Moritz.
I've changed the wireless channel on the router to 1. I play films from my laptop so can't compress the sound because the sound goes out of sync. The new diagnostics number 3950236
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hello User835107,

If you have the audio compression to uncompressed SONOS is unable to buffer the source, which is more likely to drop out. We recommend to have the line in compressed if the source is broadcasted wireless to other speakers.

My questions was also to set SONOS on channel 1, not the router. You still have very strong wireless interferences.

Thanks,
Moritz.
If I set sonos to channel 1 do I then need to change the router channel?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Let's see, can you submit another diagnostic please?

Thanks,
Moritz.
Yeh sure, I'm not at home at the moment but I'll submit one tonight
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi User835107,

Do you still experience issues with the CONNECT?

Thanks,
Moritz.
I am experiencing major issues. Constantly the sonos app starts up intermittently saying "You have no sonos player in your system". It also drops out mid-song while playing - then occasionally starts playing again out of nowhere. I tried restarting both the player & the bridge/server and also restarting my phone - restarting everything & reconnecting them seemed to fix it once but it still keeps happening - even though the player is literally in the same room where I am trying to use it most of the time!
Hello User835107,

Looking at your Diagnostic you seem to broadcast the audio signal form the CONNECT to your PLAY:1, playing the line-in source I assume?

In that case you may want to set the audio compression to compressed within the advanced controller settings so SONOS can buffer the line-in stream.

Your SONOS system is also suffering from strong wireless interferences. Please set the wireless channel to 1 and reply with another diagnostic number.

Thanks,
Moritz.

I was also having the annoying dropouts on my fairly new sonos system. by changing the compressed setting, as suggested above,  everything is how it should be. using analog line in from an Olive 04hd with 5 play 1's throughout the house. need more play 1's now.
I would love to hear an answer to this question I am having the same issues
Me too. Same issues here as well. Super frustrating - I might return the product if I can't get this resolved once and for all.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello All,

Sorry to hear you are having troubles with your system. 

You may be best served starting your own individual thread and 

You should try sending a diagnostic report when you are having the problem.  A Sonos rep then can identify what's going on if you can reply with the confirmation number on your new thread.

Please give details of you problem and how your system is set up.
System keeps cutting out -- I've tried every remedy online. This system sucks! $3,000 wasted! I want something that works, your product doesn't work!
System keeps cutting out -- I've tried every remedy online. This system sucks! $3,000 wasted! I want something that works, your product doesn't work!

Well you're not going to get Mich of an answer without telling us what you've got and how it's all connected up.
Hi, I am having similar problems. I have a Bridge, a CONNECT and two PLAY:1.
I have had the system for just under a year. Recently I cannot get the system stable at all.
I have two areas set up. The CONNECT is called lounge and goes into my Stereo system. This seems to be stable enough.
The two PLAY however fall out and sometimes only one works and I cannot control the volume form either PC or iPhone or iPAD.
The whole thing is very unstable and not really useable any more.
I have: bridge, play1, two play3's, one play5 and one playbar. Playbar was installed just yesterday

The play5 is physically located in the same room as the new play bar. The entire system worked fine until addition on the playbar. The play5 is occaisionally cutting out. What do I do? Thx.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I have: bridge, play1, two play3's, one play5 and one playbar. Playbar was installed just yesterday

The play5 is physically located in the same room as the new play bar. The entire system worked fine until addition on the playbar. The play5 is occaisionally cutting out. What do I do? Thx.

Sounds like the PLAY:5 is experiencing wireless interference. I would like more information about your system. Can you send us a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number. Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic.
Thx for the quick reply. Diagnostics confirmation number is: 5320225.
Similar problem. Diagnostic 5357642. All the tricks I've learned over the years are not working and virtually no new equipment has come into the house since the problem began happening 2 days ago. I've reset the router many times and changed the channel also many times.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Thx for the quick reply. Diagnostics confirmation number is: 5320225.
Hi Ronald, afraid we would need a diagnostics within 10 minutes of such an issue, and please also let us know what playback source this was.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Similar problem. Diagnostic 5357642. All the tricks I've learned over the years are not working and virtually no new equipment has come into the house since the problem began happening 2 days ago. I've reset the router many times and changed the channel also many times. Hi Eric, thanks for the diagnostics, from what I can see this is happening when listening to radio. Please try removing the station from your favorites, then re-adding using the TuneIn search. This will refresh the stream, and hopefully resolve your issues.
I have a Sonos play bar two play 1'some and a boost hooked up. I keep loosing sound intermittent while watching tv. Diagnostic 6009380. Plz help
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I have a Sonos play bar two play 1'some and a boost hooked up. I keep loosing sound intermittent while watching tv. Diagnostic 6009380. Plz help

I replied on the thread you created: https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/my-sonos-keeps-cutting-out-6736221
We are experiencing the same issue.....very frustrating. Our ticket number is: 6200733

I would really like for some help in resolving this issue.

k
Here's my report confirmation number please help. 6339552