Siri Voice Control

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The latest update which included lock screen control for iOS devices also meant that, apparently, this would allow control via the App Watch - I guess basic volume, Stop Start and skip. Sonos did mention this in a thread and they said it was as a consequence of the iPhone/iPad Lock screen work rather than any formal Apple Watch integration for the Sonos app.

Can't comment on your Siri being able to skip the track - probably just some glitch or maybe Siri is becoming sentient?!
Unforeseen consequence that betters the ecosystem of tech in my home. The Apple Watch mirrors the lock screen phone update. So no longer using my paid $3 sonosbit app. But in addition Siri knows apple is playing music thru my sonos system. So saying skip track it thinks it's just skipping a song as normal.
Won't let me post pics. But yea only the watch accepts the Siri commands. The phone says can not do
Won't let me post pics. But yea only the watch accepts the Siri commands. The phone says "hmm... I can not do that in 'sonos' right now"
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Other posts have mentioned that Sonos has a press conference slated for the end of August where they are going to release details on their voice integration.

While we don't know about Siri integration, I would imagine we are going to get a native Echo skill. Siri integration might not be too far fetched with IOS 10 about to release and I'm sure Apple has multiple 3rd party Siri partners they are working with to showcase the support in the new ios.
I'm sorry, but a thread over a year old with barely over a page worth of posts is not "a clear consensus" of anything. There are folks who want Siri control. Let's leave it at that.
i found other option available on iOS11 🆒 enable type to Siri on your iPhone.