Question

How do I turn the white LED lights off for the Play 1 surround speakers?

• 28 December 2014
  • 9 replies

I have 2 Play 1 speakers setup as surround speakers for my playbar, but can't find how to turn off the White LED status lights for these speakers? Could you please help me with some directions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
It will be under room settings, select room and you'll see White Indicator Light
With the new iPad app the room setting option is gone?
With the new iPad app the room setting option is gone?
You're possibly on a beta release?
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3354
I just bought a new Play 1 and want to turn off the white LED light but have the beta software. Can I still turn it off?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I just bought a new Play 1 and want to turn off the white LED light but have the beta software. Can I still turn it off?
You should be able to turn it off if you have installed the beta controller app on an Android device or the beta software on a PC/Mac. iOS devices won't be able to adjust settings until the beta has been completed and a new iOS controller app is released through the App Store.
You should be able to turn it off if you have installed the beta controller app on an Android device or the beta software on a PC/Mac. iOS devices won't be able to adjust settings until the beta has been completed and a new iOS controller app is released through the App Store.

Haha... all I have is a iOS controller.
A piece of black electrical tape would work until such time as the beta ends 🙂
Why has this regressed? I used to be able to turn off the light and now I can't??
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Why has this regressed? I used to be able to turn off the light and now I can't??

That functionality has NOT been changed. If you aren't seeing it on your device it will be because you either have a software version mis-match between controller and players or your device or OS is no longer fully supported.