Sonos Voice Control & Youtube Music

• 10 May 2023
  • 5 replies

When will Sonos Voice Control work ok with Youtube Music? I want to speak to my Sonos Roam in the bathroom. Giving commands like «play something from Nirvana», «play relaxing music».

Not able to do this. I can’t believe it! Please fix this already.

When will Sonos get this basic functionality?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Sonos has not annouced any future enhancements to voice control (SVC).  Doesn’t mean it won’t be added, they just don’t announce stuff like this till it’s arrived.  That said, I would not hold out hope for youtube music.  Spotify will surely be done first, possibly some other services, and Google and Sonos aren’t on the best of terms right now.  Not saying it won’t happen, but...

I hope they have this high on their agenda. What is Sonos without proper integration? And integration should also be in Googles best interest… Same goes for Spotify…

Can anyone from Sonos staff give an explanation? And timeline?

Badge

I am really fed up. Tried to move my Google assistant from the Ones to my soundbar and cant get it to work. Wont work anymore on the Ones. So I switched to the Sonos voice. No Support for YT Music, wtf?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Maybe it is your wording, but you do not “move” GA, but install it on a speaker. So you install it on the Beam and uninstall it on the One.

Badge

been waiting a long time for support for youtube music