Answered

sonos voice control

• 21 April 2023
  • 28 replies

Badge

svc cannot recognise any playlists in the my sonos part of the app i am running android.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 May 2023, 14:00

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There’s currently an outage with SVC: https://status.sonos.com/

Badge

Oh at least it's not just my system thanks

Badge

svc has been taken off the outage list but will still not recognise sonos playlists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Can you confirm if you are using the correct command as per: https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/list-of-voice-requests-for-sonos-voice-control

Badge

yes it just says it can’t find that playlist

Badge

it can play other playlists in my sonos just not a sonos playlist made in the app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

it can play other playlists in my sonos just not a sonos playlist made in the app.

Can save that new playlist to your Favourites in the Sonos App and retest?

Badge

made a new playlist and saved as sonos playlist in my sonos but when asked it just plays somthing else from amazon music. just doesn’t recognise sonos playlists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

made a new playlist and saved as sonos playlist in my sonos but when asked it just plays somthing else from amazon music. just doesn’t recognise sonos playlists.

...and you added that playlist to your Sonos Favourites?

Badge

yes just to be clear if i tap the star bottom left of the app it’s under playlists.

it goes there automatically when i create a new sonos playlist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I can reproduce that on my system which is not the norm, can you please submit a diagnostic and post the number within this thread.  Sonos will review tomorrow.

Badge

not sure how to do that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Please follow these steps: https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/submit-diagnostics

Badge

ok done it thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

ok done it thanks.

Don’t forget to post the number in this thread.

Badge

number is 286433469

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @shaun mottershead 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for Sonos Voice Control to “notice” a new playlist being present in My Sonos, and for SVC to be able to address it via command. If 24 hours have not yet passed since making the playlist, then I recommend waiting until it has.

If this does not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for some real-time troubleshooting.

Badge

it’s been more than 24 hours the sonos playlists are not recognised. and have submitted a diagnostic

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @shaun mottershead 

In that case, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for some real-time troubleshooting.

Badge

have called support we were on phone for nearly an hour but no sucess.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @shaun mottershead 

I’m sorry to hear that they did not find a resolution for you yet.

I’m trying to test things myself - so far, with no success, but I do need to wait a day to be sure of a negative result.

Badge

Strangely it has started working this morning on the oldest playlist so maybe it take quite some time to register with svc as it still won't recognise a second one I have will trythat one again tonight 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @shaun mottershead 

That’s interesting. It is expected to take less than 24 hours for SVC to be updated with the list of playlists so please keep me informed. I am of course now doing my own experiments, but more data will be useful. Thank you.

Badge

Will do yes have. just tried the other playlist still not. Recognised

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @shaun mottershead 

Thanks. I too continued to have problems playing my playlist and have reported this to an engineer for investigation. Thanks for flagging this behaviour.