Answered

cant set default service for sonos assistant

• 14 March 2023
  • 4 replies

I wanted to use the so os assistant, but when I ask it to play music it tells me I need to subscribe to a service. I have a YouTube music subscription and a spotify account added. But when I try to set either as the default service for the assistant, the app shows not compatible. How can that be? Anyone knows why this could be? Help appreciated :)

icon

Best answer by jgatie 14 March 2023, 18:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I think we need some better insight in to this.

Is it youtube that is dragging on compatibility? Its the same thing on amazon, cant play youtube music.

Is there any thing in the works or am I going to be forced on some other music platform?

Sonos hasn’t commented on when/if other services will be added, and it’s unlikely they will, given they rarely announce future enhancements.  They obviously haven’t explained why either. Nothing to gain from having customers point fingers.  We can only guess at reasons.

Badge

I think we need some better insight in to this.

Is it youtube that is dragging on compatibility? Its the same thing on amazon, cant play youtube music.

Is there any thing in the works or am I going to be forced on some other music platform?

I see. Thank you. That is very disappointing though. 

As stated here: Music services that work with Sonos Voice Control

• Sonos Radio
  • Apple Music
  • Amazon Music
  • Deezer
  • Pandora