Question

Surround sound TV

Badge
Hi. Have a playbase with 2 Play 1s as surround. Can`t get the surround to work when I see TV. The playbase works with the TV and the surround sound works with a playstation connected to the TV and when I hear music. Already tried to turn up the surround sound in the advanced setting but the only thing that comes out the play 1s is noice. Hope you can help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hei Calor!

and welcome to our community!

Since it works fine with Playstaion and when playing from a music source, I think it has to do with the audio-format that the TV is sending out.
You can check which format the Playbase is receiving by:
On iOS or Android: From the Sonos music menu, select “Settings” and “About My Sonos System”
On Mac: Sonos > About My Sonos System
On PC: Help > About My Sonos System
under "Audio in" it will list the format.

I suspect you will see PCM/stereo there, and if so, you will have to change the audio format the TV is sending to the Playbase.
if it says Dolby Digital, please submit a diagnostic to us and reply here with the confirmation number.

Med vennlig hilsen
Sven
Badge
Hei Sven
Correct that the playbase received stereo signal. Have a Sony tv and changed it to Dolby digital from what they call Dolby digital plus, which will be soundless through optical output. Unfortunately it didn’t change the problem. Send you a diagnostic: 1083198409. Haven’t got a clue what’s wrong but the signal is transmitted when the play 1s is one group and the play base another. But then not as surround sound.
Mvh Casper
Badge
Hi again
Have solved the problem just by changing hdmi port. Don’t know why it works but it does. Thanks for help.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi again Calor

Thank you for the reply, nice to hear that the problem is solved, even if it was a more unexpected trick that did it.
Since if you only changed the HDMI-input, that means most likely that something was broken in the first port you were connected to.
But nice to know you can continue to enjoy your Playbar.